Thursday, October 9, 2008

SIWC!!!

I am so excited, I am oficially going to the SIWC or "surry international writers conference" it's going to be so awsome!! I am going a a young writer on the friday (only $5o!) and I am volunteering on the Saturday though I still get to listen in on like tons of different workshops and stuff because I scored the position workshop monitor! I also get to do some running and helping people make masques for the masquerade that night. I wish I could go to the masquerade but I think my parents will probably want to take me home before the end (12:30 am saturday morning). The other thing that is GREAT is because I came fifth in the world wide 'Lisa Rector Young Writers Scholarship' she knows me. She is a very important person at the conference and has agreed to look over my work personally with me for which I am extremely greatful! I can hardly wait!!
If any writers out there would like to go the website is siwc.ca , I know SO hard to remember right! lol. You can register online or mail in your papers and money.

OOOOOHHH and one last thing. My rangers group is planning on attending our first co-ed camp. Rainbucket. That should be interesting! -more info. coming soon ( rainbucket.ca ).

No comments: